Built in 1929 the former First Baptist Church is a historic building that embodies the masonry customs and tradition of the time. The mortar looks to “weep” from the bricks which then gave the building the nickname of “Weeping Mortar.” This building is now being revitalized and turned into additional space for the City Hall for city meetings, engineering offices, and a commission chamber. Spring City was tasked with recreating a historic luminaire for this project based off a 1950s photo. This required entirely new tooling and design work to match the luminaire shown in the imagery. Spring City is always honored with being given the opportunity to preserve our historic sites and keep them brightly illuminated for years to come.